Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Got jokes?

 My eight year old buddy Little P. loves to tell jokes. He comes by my desk every afternoon after the school bus drops him off and we talk for a few minutes. As often as not, he has a couple of new jokes to tell me. One of today's was a corker:

Q: What do you call a cow with no legs?

A: Ground Beef.

Hahaha!

That made me laugh so much I texted it to my husband. I also encouraged P. to tell it to our principal, who (himself the father of two small boys) laughed pretty hard, too. Then he told P. a joke in return that was just edgy enough to delight a little boy. Here it is:

Q: What do you call a cross between an elephant and a rhinoceros?

A: 'Elifino.

Read the answer aloud slowly a couple of times if you don't immediately get it. :)

Our principal is a bit of a prankster and enjoys a good (harmless) practical joke. I'll never forget the April Fool's Day when he set up a microphone from the band room by the computer that teachers and staff used to clock in. He printed out instructions that said, "NEW VOICE ACTIVATED CLOCK IN SYSTEM. PLEASE SPEAK INTO THE MICROPHONE SLOWLY AND CLEARLY, AND STATE YOUR NAME AND POSITION AT SNEED MIDDLE SCHOOL. WAIT FOR CONFIRMATION." and then he sat in his office and watched on the security cameras as 90% of his staff fell for it and attempted to clock in that way! Hahahaha! I'll admit it....I was one of the April Fools that day. 

I'm thankful every single day for my job. I don't make much money, but I have lots of job security, excellent benefits, and I get to have a good laugh almost every day. Sometimes multiple times a day. How lucky is that?

15 comments:

  1. Here's one for your little buddy:

    Why don't anteaters get sick?
    They are full of little anty bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made my day, at nine o'clock tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always needed to work in a setting that was fun, while doing the job. I need laughter and I lovemaking people laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha the 'elifino bit could easily have come from The Dalesman, a monthly magazine from and about Yorkshire I read regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for telling me to read the second one slowly... I have a friend I'll have to share that with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting that job was one of the best moves you ever made. Finding Gregg was also very good though of course neither move compares with the day you brought Marco home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those jokes - they are just about at the level of my understanding of jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good one, P! With a six year old GS virtual schooling with me, I also get a near daily dose of jokes from him or his classmates.

    How do you know there is a rhinoceros in your refrigerator?
    Because you can't shut the door!

    How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh?
    Ten tickles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not good with jokes, my punchlines always fail, still, I can be very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Schools are definitely lively places to work, with lots of unpredictability! I enjoy my job a lot more than I ever thought I would. Glad you like yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Elifino took me a while - but smiling now - very good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so nice to work at a place you enjoy. You help make it enjoyable for your co-workers too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know of a group of private investigators who can help you with they are also hackers but prefer to be called private investigators They can help with your bitcoin issues and your clients will be happy doing business with you,they can also help yo with your bad credit score,hacking into phones,binary recovery,wiping criminal records,increase school score, stolen files in your office or school,blank atm etc. Just name it and you will live a better life
    whatsapp +1 (984) 733-3673
    telegram +1 (984) 733-3673
    Premiumhackservices@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete