Friday, November 12, 2010

Hectic

What a week! I went back to work from vacation, only to find out that my boss was coming into town in three days. So my first days back were loooong...12 hours or more preparing. Then my mother in law called...and invited herself (and her husband) to spend the weekend with us! Now, I love my MIL but I detest last minute company. So we had to immediately start preparing for her arrival. Then to top it all off, my assistant at work called me last night to tell me that a temporary holiday hire had showed up to work drunk. Sigh. So I had to go back to work last night, fire the lady, and then work in her place. (This took away cleaning time I had counted on to get ready for the MIL!)

Now I have to work a half day, race home, finish cleaning, and go grocery shopping. Company will be here by 5:30 pm. Then I have to work the entire weekend, while entertaining, because I didn't have enough notice to get the weekend off.

Needless to say, blogging (as well as everything else) has had to take a backseat to the chaos that is my life right now. I had a great vacation, but now I need another one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment