Monday, June 1, 2015

For Cro, a recipe!


30499_buttermilk_<b>biscuits</b>_sausage_<b>gravy</b>_3000.jpg



Here is a picture of a very popular breakfast here in the Southern USA....biscuits and gravy! After posting yesterday about my craving for this delicious (yet decidedly NOT diet-friendly) dish, Cro let me know that he had never heard of it. So for Cro and my other friends around the world who have never heard of it, here is a link to a recipe from  The Pioneer Woman website:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/03/drop-biscuits-and-sausage-gravy/

She makes her biscuits with a food processor, which I've never seen done. My grandma (who made the best biscuits ever) always kneaded them by hand. But whatever works. If you've never had this dish, it's worth the trouble....so very delicious, and real Southern comfort food!



9 comments:

  1. Yum. I used to order that at Bob Evans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way she says that it should only be eaten once every 19 years. That's a VERY comprehensive recipe. When I'm next in Southern USA, I shall definitely search it out.

    Thank you Jennifer, that was very kind of you. Cro x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you should ever be in the Southern USA come and visit me and I'll cook you a big Southern meal with biscuits and gravy included! :)

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry i dont have here some of the ingredients but i liked that post:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry i dont have here some of the ingredients but i liked that post:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Willy Dunne Wooters likes biscuits with sausage gravy. I think it looks like something the dog threw up.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it doesn't look very appetizing.....but it tastes delicious!

      Delete
    2. I wasn't going to say that, but then I eat snails and duck gizzards that are both delicious.

      Delete
  6. The dogs and the parrots are so gorgeous! The dessert seems delicious!

    Cheers, Sandra

    ReplyDelete