My Blog List

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cozy Day

Today has been one of those cool, rainy, overcast fall days when you just want to stay at home and nest. That's pretty much what I did today. I woke up to rain pouring down outside, and after seeing the husband off to work I got back in bed with a book and read until I fell asleep. I didn't wake up until almost noon, which is something I never do. It felt wonderful.

All afternoon I've been cooking for the rest of the week. A pot roast with baby carrots and mushrooms, simmering slowly for hours. Baked potatoes and green beans. A large casserole dish of homemade baked macaroni and cheese. Brownies. Our house smells really good!

Tonight's agenda: dinner, a movie, more reading, and an early bedtime. It's been a perfect, cozy fall day.





1 comment:

  1. I'm desperately trying to hold back Autumn. We too had a spot of rain yesterday, but I'm still wearing shorts, and refuse to light a fire.

    ReplyDelete