Happy midsummer! Here, in no particular order, is my top 10 list of favorite things about this time of year.
1. Long days, short nights, and lingering twilight.
2. Summer garden creatures like fireflies, frogs, green anole lizards, dragonflies, crickets, bees, and butterflies.
3. The bounty of summer fruits, vegetables, and flowers available at the farmers market.
4. Sweet nighttime flower smells, like my neighbor's gardenias and magnolias.
5. Grilling out.
6. The smell of suntan lotion, and walking on the beach.
8. Summer reading on long, lazy afternoons.
9. Iced tea, lemonade, daiquiris, and frozen margaritas.
10. The feeling of ease and contentment that seems to permeate everything this time of year, and the "school's out" feeling I still get (even though I'm a grownup!).
What are your favorite things about this time of year?
Wearing shorts and T shirts, the pool being above 25C, BBQ's, family visits, boots sales, Thursday evening picnics up at the village, harvesting all our fruit and veg', sleeping in our 'tower' with the huge door wide open, and NOT having to chop wood every day.ReplyDelete
I'm a veggie gardener, but I still love hitting the farmers market on the weekends! And jumping in one of the cool Valley lakes!ReplyDelete
I so, so adore the smell of suntan lotion/sunscreen, too - it's one of my favourite scents of all time, and one that is really linked to my childhood as well, having grown up in a town with two big lakes and countless days spent enjoying them.ReplyDelete
Have an amazing, fun filled summer, dear Jennifer!
"Sweet nighttime flower smells..." indeed. I live on a 7th floor and the scent of a jasmine bush travels all the way, and sneaks in through the window. It makes me smile ;-)ReplyDelete