Sunday, January 13, 2019

The weekend

It was a nice weekend, but it went by too darn fast (as usual). Marla and Martina came over for a while on Saturday night, and Marla brought the baby.


Just like other babies that have visited us over the years, Carsen is fascinated by the aquariums.

This afternoon I went to the movies with three of my book club friends. We saw On the Basis of Sex, which is about the early life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. She's a personal hero of mine. (And I couldn't help but wonder if her husband Marty was as handsome when he was young as the actor who played him....Armie Hammer!) It wasn't a great film, but was definitely entertaining enough for a cold, gray, rainy Sunday afternoon.

12 comments:

  1. Sometimes entertaining is all we need of a film, isn't it, especially on a cold, greay, rainy Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in live with that baby. She gets cuter and cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Armie Hammer is delicious, and RBG rates right up there with Rosa parks and Harvey Milk in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want to see that movie. RBG is a hero to many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baby is adorable!
    May Ms. Ginsburg live forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of that movie. Sounds interesting! (And, let's face it, very few people are as handsome as Armie Hammer!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw RBG, and the old shots of Marty were of a handsome man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your aquariums are fabulous. I don't know who Armie Hammer is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have learnt about Ruth Bader Ginsburg from "Democracy Now". A remarkable woman and a warrior for justice. She's a good hero to have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched the documentary of RBG "Notorious RBG" and it was FANTASTIC!! And, indeed, Marty was an extremely handsome, forward-thinking gentleman, who adored Ruth and encouraged her every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete