Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Random odds and ends

 No one particular topic springs to mind for a blog post today, so I'll just post some random junk and observations.

  • It's been the longest school year EVER. I guess that's because last year didn't seem to end, it just stopped in March 2020 due to the lockdowns and became a weird, slow, kind-of-work-from-home situation. Then we went back in September with crazy strict Covid precautions, stress, an extra long winter break, and now we're finally almost at full capacity with students again. The majority of the students returning to face to face learning since spring break has led to the expected return to middle school craziness. Meanwhile, we're in the process of becoming a three grade school (sixth, seventh, and eighth instead of just seventh and eighth) and also becoming a STEM magnet school. In addition, we have to go an extra two weeks this year to make up for our late start. June 11th is the last day this year, and I swear it can't get here quickly enough!
  • Speaking of work, an assistant who was hired this year to assist with part of my job responsibilities has turned out to be a real pain in my.....you get the idea. She's the most worthless employee I've had the misfortune to work with since the days of the bookstore. She's frequently absent, late, and is NEVER where she's supposed to be or doing what she's supposed to be doing. She's always hiding out in the library or cafeteria doing absolutely nothing and I keep having to take up her slack. Then to add insult to injury, she was horribly rude to me the other day, then proceeded to come stand in front of my desk and start screaming at me and attempting to get me to argue with her. The principal heard the commotion and came out and said, "ENOUGH!! THIS IS OVER!" but it didn't stop her from going all around the school running her mouth and talking sh*t about me. One of her complaints is that the principal "always sides" with me over her. Well, you damn straight he does! He knows she's worthless and trashy and I hope (and expect) that she won't be offered a contract next year. It's made work somewhat uncomfortable this week, but she's finally apparently decided that no one is siding with her so she's at least speaking to me again. I only speak to her when it's absolutely necessary and I'm polite, but very distant. Ugh. 
  • I need to see my doctor. Maybe it's stress, but my eczema is out of control again. My feet and ankles are an itchy, weepy, inflamed mess. It's really bad, and REALLY unsightly. My allergies have been worse, too, and it's triggered my latent asthma. I've taken to using an inhaler again at night, otherwise I wake up wheezing. Then yesterday a huge cold sore broke out all over my upper lip. It's all pretty miserable. At least we're still wearing masks so no one can see my lip!
  • Lest you think everything is bad.....I saw my first tiny tomato in the garden yesterday! That was a happy moment. We also got some rain over the last two days after a record setting dry April. We certainly need it.
  • Marco is sitting on my shoulder as I type this, being a sweetie. He's preening my hair and watching the computer screen as I type. George is a love bug these days, too. If only I could hang out with animals all day instead of people!

28 comments:

  1. It seems work related stress is getting to you! Get to the doctor soon, and get a prescription to fire that useless employee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been extra stressed out lately. I think some of it is hormonal issues, which I should talk to the doctor about. I'm getting to the age when all of a sudden it's just one thing after another, health-wise. I'm sure it's only downhill from here.

      Delete
  2. Only thing that improved my son’s eczema was going to the beach and wading in the Gulf of Mexico. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about that. The beach isn't all that far from here, and ocean water always seems like a tonic to irritated skin. Maybe I'll go soon.

      Delete
  3. That co-worker sounds like a horribly sad person.

    Eat a tomato, you'll feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's sneaky, tells lies, and is always looking to "get over" if you know what I mean.

      Delete
  4. I understand about the eczema. I have it. It sucks. That employee is a nightmare.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The employee is just the kind of person I most hate to work with. I finally had to start complaining about some of her behavior, because it was affecting MY job, and also I'm too easygoing and she was taking advantage. I hate confrontation and people like her can spot people like me a mile away. I'm determined not to fall into past habits at this job. I don't intend to be bullied at work, not anymore.

      Delete
  5. 2021 seems like it has already been 6 months long.

    And you have my best wishes Jen with that co worker. In these times we have enough stress and worry, without having to take and add on to us with the dramatics of that behavior. Sounds like she is digging her own grave.

    Sending good vibes to you for feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she's digging her own grave. We shall see. I think some time off to relax would help me feel better! Summer is coming...though not nearly fast enough.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like your work situation has a lot to do with, if not all to do with, your health issues. (Although I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV.) THAT assistant from hell sounds like a nightmare. So glad there's just a month left with her. Wish it were less. I hope you feel better, can enjoy the good staff and students at work, and get all the love you want when your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mitchell! You are a good friend. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh, I would like a parrot - and hasn't it been shown that animals help us to destress. When I get stressed I eat sweet stuff - which my friend pointed out the other day is amounts to STRESSED spelled backwards !!! Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marco can be a real handful, but he's a lot of fun. I try to avoid too much sugar, as it seems to make my allergies/eczema worse. I have enough bad habits, so thank goodness an excessive fondness for sweets isn't one of them!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Dear Jennifer, I know only too well how badly a difficult situation at work can affect us. I am not quite ready to write about it on my blog, but I have been under a lot of pressure from someone at my biggest client‘s, and it took me months to find my way to deal with her and not pull out of the contract with that client. My health did suffer, too, and I am not at all surprised that it caused your eczema to flare up so badly.
    Hopefully, the woman will leave (or be made to leave) soon, and you can have your peace of mind back - the workload alone is enough to cause you stress, you don‘t need someone like her on top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know about 'assistants.' We just finished our 'spring hiring' and most of those hired are from the same family as your assistant. They disappear, they spend a lot of time looking at their phones, and can't answer customer's questions. The good thing for us is that they're all Temps and will be gone soon. I don't have tomatoes, but I do have flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How in the world did that woman get hired? My wish for you is that she moves on to torment different coworkers at a different place of employment far, far away. Of course your body is responding to the stress in unpleasant ways.
    Oh, honey. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We finish school on the same day -- June 11. I'm sorry about your assistant! What a horrible situation, to get someone who's supposed to help you and instead becomes a huge obstacle. I hope the school gets rid of her quick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you are venting about it here and standing up for yourself at work. Hope the situation improves soon so you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry about your coworker. Get thee to a doctor. In the meantime...one more month of work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too have eczema; it has been exacerbated by the high pollen count. I have a rash all over my upper body; lucky I don't have to go anywhere.

    miss lazy-ass bitch needs to be FIRED NOW! she's not helping you, she's screwing off and getting paid to do it. FUCK HER!

    marco & george & gregg are your sanity touchstones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Someone like that who doesn't take her job seriously and expects others to take up the slack is a right royal pain. Probably the only solution is, as you suggest, that she loses her job asap. I doubt if she'll stay civil for very long.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I worked with a girl like that, she wasn't directly involved with me but we shared an office and I got to see it up close. She did nothing, ever and blamed her shocking work ethic on her mental health.
    My boss did an amazing job of documenting everything, getting a health report etc and when everything was ready, she fired her. It took a year but it was water tight.
    The girl asked me for a reference when she applied at another place and I told the absolute truth but they still hired her!

    I hope you feel better soon, eczema is a bitch

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw several people testifying of making so much money on cryptocurrency within one week with the help of Mr Ray Berka, i decided to give it a try and now i am so happy to say that he is real, he helped me make over $22,000 with just a little investment in just 7 days. you can contact him today on whatsapp +17199001064, email: tradewithraymond@gmail.com. Highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  18. HOW I GOT CURED FROM papillomvirus I was diagnosed of papillomvirus and i have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail,,until I saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medications to cure all kind of diseases including papillomvirus virus,at first I doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try,when I contacted this herbalist via his email and he prepared a papillomvirus herbal cure and sent it to me via UPS delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by direction on how to apply it,after applying theUPS delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by direction on how to apply it,after applying the. way I was instructed,I was totally cured of this deadly disease called papillomvirus, all thanks to Dr oboh.Email obohesan@gmail.com this great herbal doctor via WhatsApp+2348089281017 HE CAN ALSO CURE SICKNESS LIKE{1}HIV/AIDS
    {2}DIABETES
    {3}EPILEPSY
    {4} BLOOD CANCER
    {5} HPV
    {6} ALS
    {7} HEPATITIS
    {8}LOVE SPELL
    {9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA..
    or via whatsapp +2348089281017

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know of a group of private investigators who can help you with they are also hackers but prefer to be called private investigators They can help with your bitcoin issues and your clients will be happy doing business with you,they can also help yo with your bad credit score,hacking into phones,binary recovery,wiping criminal records,increase school score, stolen files in your office or school,blank atm etc. Just name it and you will live a better life
    whatsapp +1 (984) 733-3673
    telegram +1 (984) 733-3673
    Premiumhackservices@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS..I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from me and abandon me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how DR Ede cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR Ede because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through the same situation, worry no more and contact DR Ede via his Email(dredespellcaster@gmail.com) Or WhatsApp him (+2347064290546) He is good too to cure all types of disease and virus. 1 HIV cure 2 cancer 3 diabetes 4 hepatitis 5 herpes. You can contact him if you are having any problems...

    ReplyDelete