Saturday, May 7, 2022

Girls' trip

 I got a surprise call from my friend Marla's husband the other night. With Mother's Day coming up tomorrow, he had an idea for a gift for her and he wanted some input from me. He had the fantastic idea of paying for a girls' weekend away for her and two friends (me and Martina) anywhere within driving distance that we want to go. How awesome is that?!

 He asked me to come up with some ideas that he can present to her tomorrow as her gift. We talked it over, and he said he's willing to pay for either a nice hotel or a bed and breakfast "as long as ya'll don't book the penthouse" ha! We'll each pay for our own food and entertainment.  I've never had a getaway with girlfriends before and it sounds heavenly!

One of the better ideas I've had is to go to Raleigh, NC. There's currently an interactive Van Gogh "immersion experience" (click here) in town and it looks fabulous. Not only that, but I'm very familiar with Raleigh, since my in-laws live there, and there are tons of great things to do in addition to the Van Gogh exhibition. 

If not Raleigh, we have plenty of other options within driving distance: Charleston or the beaches, Asheville, NC or any of the surrounding mountain areas, even Savannah. As soon as Toyo tells Marla about it we'll be able to get together and make plans. She's going to be thrilled! The trip will probably happen in late June or early July, so we have plenty of time to talk it over and decide. 

I'm very, very excited!


20 comments:

  1. It sounds like it will be fun no matter where you choose. I've heard great things about the Van Gogh exhibit which is around here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be fabulous Jennifer! I hope that Marla picks a location that pleases all three of you. In case you had other ideas, please don't even think about hiring a male stripper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun and I have wanted to see the Van Gogh exhibit for years. I hope you can get tickets !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! "Girls Gone Wild"? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope the illustration proves to be a perfect prediction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ladies will have a blast! Marla's husband is very thoughtful to do this for her Mother's Day. We've had the immersive Van Gogh exhibit here too but we still have not been to it. It does look like a fun experience. Whatever you do enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great gift. I’m pretty sure Southern Spain is within driving distance. But the Van Gogh exhibit is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super idea, and very good thinking of Marla‘s husband to pick your brains.
    Raleigh and the Van Gogh experience would be my first choice! Another blogging friend of mine lives there; she will visit the exhibition as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Van Gogh experience has been in Philadelphia for a long, long, time and is very popular. If that's where you go, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful Mother's Day present! I just love this idea. Marla's husband is so thoughtful to think of such a terrific gift. Y'all are going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to the immersive exhibit in DC, and it was great. If you do that, get the VIP tickets as it gives you entry into the virtual reality part of the exhibit. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a terrific present for your friend, Marla! Such a fun trip to look forward to for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like fun! I've never spent any time in Raleigh, but Asheville and Savannah are both good options. Can't wait to hear what you all decide!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea for a gift. I've never been on a girls trip, either.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This will be an over the moon trip. I've had a few girlfriend excursions. Nothing better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you can please disclose what happens on these trips; I would like to know of the feminine mysteries of a girls trip.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea! I have always wanted to see the Biltmore Estate, so that's what I'd be keeping my fingers crossed for, but no matter what she picks, I'm sure it will be a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  18. just don't do a Thelma and Louise..hha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girls road trip, I see fun ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete