Thursday, September 22, 2022

This week

This week is flying by. Tuesday was another day off work, this time to take Gregg to have another endoscopy. They wanted to do an ultrasound of the lesion on his duodenum. The initial biopsy tested negative for cancer cells, but they wanted to look deeper and more closely just to make sure everything was okay. It turned out to be a totally benign cyst and nothing else. What a relief! I felt pretty sure it was going to be something like that, but Gregg had been worried for weeks. I'm so glad he can put that particular worry behind him now.

All the new asthma meds the doctor gave me have me feeling so much better. I have more energy than I've had in months, not to mention sleeping better and just generally feeling like my old self again. The only hiccup in the medication regime was that they forgot to tell me to rinse my mouth out after using a new inhaler medication each morning. I developed oral thrush, which is no fun at all! Of course, the doctor called in a prescription for something to fix it, and now that I know to rinse after using that inhaler I should be okay going forward. That's a small price to pay to be feeling so much better.

Poppy went to the vet this week for a weigh-in and she's up to 48 pounds! We're really surprised she's turning out to be such a big girl. She's double the weight she was when we adopted her back in April, and since she's not quite a year old yet she may still hit 50 pounds. She's a total delight, although I will admit she's a little bit bossy and stubborn. She's definitely no shrinking violet, that's for sure! She's carrying on that fine tradition of tough women dogs that Ginger started. :)

Work is going fairly well. I'm finally getting used to all my new job responsibilities and I'm feeling more and more capable as the weeks roll on. Although I'll never trust her, my boss has been nothing but complimentary about my work so far, so as long as I stay out of her way and keep my head down, it looks like I'll be able to cruise through this year with a minimum of trouble (fingers crossed). Fall break is coming up at the end of the month. A week off in early October is going to feel wonderful!

It was hot today, but tonight the weather is supposed to take a real turn. The lows will suddenly go down into the 40s and 50s over the next few nights, and the highs are only going to be in the mid 70s. Fall is definitely here! Speaking of which....

33 comments:

  1. I am pleased to hear that the dial on your work stressometer has plunged back down. Let us hope that it stays that way and that Mrs Potatohead continues to keep her distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Potatohead has her hands very, very full these days. She's too busy to notice me which is just how I like it!

      Delete
  2. Finally some good news! Your "boss" better be nice to you or she will have to deal with the entirety of blogland! Poppy is a big girl! I thought she might be the size of a beagle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you, Linda Sue. We're amazed at how big Poppy is getting. I'm sure she's not quite done yet.

      Delete
  3. So glad you're feeling better. As for Poppy, you do know dogs don't stop growing until they're nearly 2 years old, so she may add on another 15 - 20 lbs. How big are her feet? That's a good predictor of size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has fairly large feet, but I'm still surprised at how big she's getting! She's very tall, too.

      Delete
  4. My heart goes out to you and Gregg- the worrying and the waiting… no fun at all. Glad to hear your medication is, for the most part, giving you a better lease on life!! - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're doing well, Jenn. I read your latest updates yesterday (from my phone where I'm unable to leave comments) and I'm glad things are going okay. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad Gregg's okay, and that you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I have been really worried about the results of Gregg's biopsy because you hadn't mentioned it. I almost messaged you but thought- no. If she wants to talk about it, she will. So this is very good news! And hearing that you are feeling better is the cherry on top of it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to update the blog, but we just didn't know much until after this last endoscopy. Thank you for caring about us!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like things are going well, and that's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things have been pretty stressful this year, so I'm hoping things are looking up.

      Delete
  8. Love all the positive news in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must both be very relieved about Gregg's news. I was asthmatic as a child when there were still no remedies. Much later in life I was given an inhaler which worked miracles and my asthma totally disappeared. I think it must have been the lack of stress that cured me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're very relieved, for sure. Asthma is no fun. I think mine flares when I'm under stress, too.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. She's going to be much bigger than we originally thought!

      Delete
  11. Glad to hear Poppy is thriving and your job is looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear that things are going better for you and for Gregg. (Knock wood!) Hope lots of good keeps happening for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is welcome news about the benign cyst and nothing more dangerous. Too bad they didn't tell you about rinsing to prevent thrush, but good the medications are a big success for you and you are doing well at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm having another side effects of some of these medicines: leg cramps. Sigh.

      Delete
    2. Oh darn it about the leg cramps, there is some supplement to prevent muscle cramps but I forget which supplement.

      Delete
  14. I'm sorry, but that first paragraph had me giggling. Your wording, *snort*. I glad everything turned out okay.
    As always, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand this comment.

      Delete
    2. I think I read endoscopy wrong. I don't understand it either. I'd just gotten my second booster and was tired and woozy. It was probably a dirty thought, knowing me. Sorry.

      Delete
  15. So goog to know Gregg does not need to worry anymore about this particular thing, that your health is improving and work is getting less stressful. Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much really good news jam packed into one blog post. How happy I am too read it. I have been concerned for you on so many fronts, but afraid to pry.

    ReplyDelete
  17. glad everyone is ok..relief...what's the name of your new asthma med..mine's not holding up

    ReplyDelete