Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Tuesday afternoon stuff

Well, Gregg had his PET scan this morning. Thank you all for your positive thoughts and supportive comments on my last post. I appreciate every single one of them more than you know. The doctor promised to call with the results within a couple of days, so we shouldn't have to wonder much longer. I'm trying not to worry until there's a real reason to. (It's always in the back of my mind, though). 

Let me tell you about my weekend! This past Saturday morning I woke up around 3am, projectile vomiting and feeling like I might be dying! I spent the whole day in bed with nausea and stomach pain and feeling pretty terrible, bad enough that I wondered if I'd come down with the flu or something. What a great way to spend the weekend, huh? I'm pretty sure now that taking a big combination of drugs (for three separate issues) including antibiotics, prednisone, a pain reliever, and a muscle relaxer was to blame. I'm finally feeling pretty much back to normal today, and since I'm now off everything except a small and dwindling dose of prednisone, hopefully it won't happen again. It was a rough couple of days.

It looks like there's a hurricane headed to Florida tomorrow, and in the wee hours of Thursday morning it's supposed to go over eastern South Carolina as a tropical storm. I'm keeping a close eye on the Florida forecast because my friend Mary Moon is down there. In fact, when Gregg and I first saw the storm's forecast track, he said, "Hey, doesn't your blog friend live down near that part of Florida?"  It's funny how people we've only met through blogs can become so important to us. I know Ms. Moon and her family will be perfectly fine, but it's still scary having a big storm bearing down on you. We'll be watching developments closely, of course. I won't be surprised if we don't have school on Thursday, since we're going to get a ton of rain all at once (leading to minor flooding) and strong gusty winds. When it's not safe for school buses to be on the road, schools shut down. As they should, of course. 

So, we'll see what the rest of this crazy week holds! Only best-case scenarios, I hope. 

Stay safe, everyone. 


15 comments:

  1. Jennifer, thanks for letting us know about Gregg, and the waiting game continues. I will continue keeping you and Gregg in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comment posted before I wanted it to! I also wanted to say good luck with the storm coming. I think it is going to miss Virginia by the looks of the forecast. Sorry about your sick weekend! Vomiting is no fun AT ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping Idalia skirts by the SC coast and all we get is some rain.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping for good news from the PET scan. The waiting is so difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers…my condo complex had mandatory evacuation. I am at son’s. He lives behind me in huge home. No direct hit on 100 tears or so but looked like it. I live on Tampa Bay Area on the coast as does he and family. I lived where you are…not as hot and storms not as bad.love love SC. That being said, lived through tornadoes and blizzards in Ohio, Indiana, and WV…we all have something wherever we live. Prayers for your sweet husband and you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been thinking of the two of you. Waiting is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let us know the outcome of that PET scan ASAP. Thanks. And stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fingers crossed here for Gregg's scan. I recently ate some dodgy Paté, and was sick. It was the first time I'd been sick like that for decades. Horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Next time you post, I hope it will all be good news - Gregg's health, the storm, and your own health of course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have both been in my thoughts so I can't imagine how preoccupied you must be. And on top of that your own “cures” put you through a bit of hell. Wishing you both something to celebrate in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having your doctor say "in a few days," is much better than having him have you set an appointment. Idalia is going to do some damage to both Florida and Ron DeSantis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All is well here in Moon Country. Power outages everywhere, branches down, but as for us and the kids- we're pretty darn fine. I so appreciate your concern and also Gregg's!
    Now- let us get good news for your sweet man.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! So sorry about your "projectile vomiting" (a term that amuses me even though I know it's miserable to actually experience). Glad you're getting back to normal. Keep us posted on Gregg's PET scan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lot on your plate. So sorry you were sick but keeping my positive thoughts and energy for Gregg.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is indeed "funny how people we've only met through blogs can become so important to us". And in that vein may I say I am still keeping my fingers crossed for Gregg.

    ReplyDelete