Monday, September 9, 2024

Recipe

I made my second batch of granola yesterday, and I stayed right by the oven to ensure I didn't accidentally burn it this time.

Success! It turned out so much than the batch I scorched. 



It tastes so good with yogurt and frozen raspberries! I also cored and sliced apples and dried them in the dehydrator overnight. Some dried apple pieces will get added to the mix later today. 

Ingredients:

Oats

Walnuts

Almonds

Pumpkin seeds

Raisins

Dates

(Dried apples)

Coconut oil

Honey

Salt

I used about a half cup of coconut oil and a half cup of honey, mixed with the oats, walnuts, and almonds. I baked them at 325F for about 30 minutes, stirring constantly. The rest of the ingredients were added after it cooled. 

12 comments:

  1. Looks dee-lish. I may have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm!! My everyday breakfast with ready-bought granola from the supermarket can't compete, even though it is organic and not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good! I believe you may now be awarded your Genuine Hippie Award. I've had mine for eons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to make granola all the time. It would be an awfully good yogurt topping. Thinking of which I used to make a lot of yogurt too. I wonder where the 'earth mother' went?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Jennifer! If it at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Try new "Scrumptious" - the South Carolina granola that's just like grandmaw used to make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yoghurt, a Greek wonder food and granola is like having a bit of heaven in your mouth. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been years since I made granola. Wonderful stuff. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made-up a big batch of my Muesli yesterday. Half a pack of very good FRUITY (no nuts) Muesli, and a whole pack of Rolled Oats. Mix well and use at will.

    ReplyDelete