Sunday, September 1, 2024

Start of September

The start of September is really welcome to me this year. It's been a long, hot summer that I'll be happy to see the back of. I've had some struggles both with mental health (set off by a change in medications that had to be sorted out) and ongoing family issues. Things seem to be improving now, though. I've been working hard on taking better care of myself and it's finally starting to pay off. A change of seasons will be nice for moving on.

And I can't wait for better weather! Today is still warm and humid but starting tomorrow we're supposed to have nice temperatures for more than a week--mid-80s for highs and 60s for lows. I'll be spending more time on the back porch as the weather cools down. The past couple of mornings (before it got too hot) Gregg and I spent two or three hours out there watching the birds at the feeders and the butterflies around the zinnias. Marco and the dogs are usually out there when we are, enjoying some fresh air and sunshine. Here's a short clip I took the other day of Marco climbing his porch play gym. Everybody loves to see Marco, I think.

It's Labor Day weekend so I'm off work tomorrow. I really appreciate the three-day weekend; the extra day feels like a luxury. 

Happy Labor Day to my fellow Americans, and happy Sunday to the rest of you!





13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Marco fix -- I was going through withdrawal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place to sit and relax with the Marco show and pretty zinnias! Happy long weekend to you, Jennifer, you sure do deserve it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's a clever, pretty boy? Marco! That's who!
    Golly your zinnias are just beautiful. Seriously. And the butterflies love them.
    Here's hoping for cooler weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you too enjoy your Labor Day Weekend. I'm still getting caught up on blogs what with being gone. I love summer...and ours was not to bad, but then again, I love hot weather. I suspect we here will still have a warm Indian Summer to looked forward to still. The sleeping with windows open as been heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been hot the last couple of days but starting tomorrow, and apparently for at least a week, we'll be low 80s. I am so ready for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marco,Mr. Clever handsome man!
    I love that area of where you live, so peaceful, beautiful flowers and butterflies and the pooch in the yard- ideal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Marco, the zinnias and the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful video! Marco, zinnias and butterflies and Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever boy Marco is. You're right, we do all love to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Labor Day to you, Jennifer!
    Such glimpses of your home life are lovely. The butterflies! And of course Marco - hello, Handsome :-)
    He must love climbing there, since he could just as well fly up. Clever how he uses his beak as a third "hand" (or foot).
    I'm really looking forward to cooler weather, too. This past week it was difficult to get a good night's sleep, it just didn't cool off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good to see Marco! You’ve created butterfly paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marco looks very pleased with himself! And your zinnias are still looking amazing. Great to see the butterflies enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete