Thursday, October 21, 2010

The light at the end of the tunnel

I am one tired blogger today. Work has been bearing down on me. This week I will probably put in close to 70 hours, which doesn't leave much time for anything at all. I love my job. I love the people that work for me. But I need a break! Halloween will be a truly special day this year...because it is the beginning of my much needed week off!

Husband and I will probably go camping for a few days during that week. I am so looking forward to it! There is a campground beside a river that is only about 15 miles from our house. Although it is close to home and not as exciting as some camping trips we've taken further away, it will be super easy to pull off without planning overmuch. If we forget something (or need to come home and feed Mr. Marco!) we can be here in minutes. This will be Ginger's first camping trip so we actually prefer to be closer to home, in case it doesn't go well and we need to bring her back. It's a nice place, too, even if it is nearby.

The park rangers cut up fallen limbs into firewood and stack it neatly into woodpiles at each campsite. Free firewood is a good thing! It's never very crowded. There is a beautiful wooden walkway built over the river (and through the woods, haha!) that we love to explore. It will be nice to build a fire, roast weenies, and do some stargazing. It will do us both a world of good to get away for a few days. We love to camp!

We will of course put off leaving until mid week. Halloween is going to be fun in our new neighborhood, and I wouldn't miss it for anything! We will probably go mid week and stay two or three nights. Husband's birthday is the following week so it will be an early birthday celebration for him. And late October/early November is when we have our peak of fall color this far south. The nights are chilly (mid 50's) and the days are warm (low 70's)...perfect camping weather! I can't wait!

1 comment: