Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mid month update

Seasonal quote:

"I'd rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."
-Henry David Thoreau

It's been a beautiful month so far. We're getting some real color in the trees, the neighborhood is filling up with fall/Halloween decorations, the air is crisp and cool, and the sky is that deep lovely blue that we only see in October. Last night the crescent moon looked golden and the stars were bright in the drier autumn air. It's so nice to be outdoors this time of year.

The birds seem happy that the busy summer season is over. There are house finches that live in our yard that raised 4 clutches of babies this summer. Now all the young adults flutter around the camilla bush and the Bradford pear tree by our kitchen window, singing and preening all day long. They were all born (hatched, rather) in the old birdhouse that sits on a post by the window. We watched mom and dad care for babies all summer long! They did a good job, and now they have created their own small flock.I am so glad they have decided to stay around!

I've been up to my ears in work lately.  (Hence the scarcity of posts!) I haven't had a complete day off in two weeks. We are setting Christmas displays at my job, and it's been a ton of work. My boss visited yesterday and told me my store was beautiful, so the hard work is paying off! I am worn out though, and finally I have two days off (in a row!) to relax. Well, not relax, exactly. Because while I may have a beautiful store, my house is a complete pigsty! Almost every room is in need of some serious cleaning. I'm going to try to put in a mighty effort today and get enough of it done so that tomorrow I can really relax and do something fun. All this extra work will lighten up at the end of the month, and I actually have a week off from Oct. 31-Nov. 6!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment