I was tagged in a facebook meme by a friend of mine and decided it would make a great "get to know the blogger" post. Here goes!
30 Things About Me
Write 30 random things about yourself and tag 20 people, including the person who tagged you!
1. I once had a paying job raising and socializing baby parrots.
2. Spring is my favorite season, possibly because I am a March baby.
3. I am an only child. I wish I had siblings.
4. I played the flute for 6 years growing up, and in high school did the ultimate nerd thing for a year-I was in marching band.
5. I hated high school.
6. I am afraid of water. Death by drowing is my ultimate nightmare.
7. Green is my favorite color.
8. When I was in college I had a secret dream to join the Peace Corps. I still might one day.
9. I love to garden, and herbs and heirloom tomatoes are my favorite things to grow.
10. Lilies are my favorite flower.
11. I like British comedy.
12. My husband used to be a professional drummer. I am in awe of this. I cannot even learn to hold the sticks properly to do a basic drumroll.
13. I taught myself to knit, though.
14. When I was a teenager, my dad and I once discovered a dead body in a parking lot. True story.
15. I love (and need) to spend lots of time alone.
16. I don't watch tv. Haven't for years.
17. My husband is my best friend, and a really cool guy.
18. I am fascinated by Chinese history (esp. 19th century) and culture. I think I must have been a Chinese peasant in a past life.
19. Really Meg? Thirty? This is hard!
20. I love love love to read. This has been the case since I was 5 years old and first started to learn.
21. I hate pretentious people.
22. I like seafood, and could eat nothing but various forms of bread for the rest of my life, and die happy.
23. I want to take a long vacation one day to explore the Pacific Northwest. Hopefully within the next few years.
24. I am not afraid of spiders, but mice make my skin crawl.
25. I watch a lot of foreign films.
26. I make a mean strawberry daquiri.
27. I like to cook, but hate to clean up afterwards (and I make a mess).
28. A bird is sitting on my shoulder as I type this.
29. I truly believe in karma and the principle of reaping tenfold what you sow.
30. The madness stops here! I'm not tagging anyone!