Sunday, January 26, 2014
I'm joining lots of other wonderful bloggers today in listing the things I'm grateful for that happened in the past week.
1. Getting off work early last night so that I could go hear a talented local musician (and friend) play guitar and sing at a new café that opened downtown.
2. Having a working fireplace for the first time ever. This month has been terribly cold, and nothing beats snuggling up in pjs in front of a warm fire at night.
3. Our new dog, George, slowly coming around. Things are getting better every day as he adjusts from life at the shelter to his new forever home. His goofy personality is really starting to shine through, and he makes us laugh a lot. I'm happy he's a part of our family!
4. An old friend who had become somewhat distant since last fall has been making a real effort to reconnect with me. I've missed her, and it's been so good to catch back up with her.
5. Acquaintances, friends, former co-workers, and professional contacts reaching out to me with ideas and offers of help in my job search. I've apparently been doing a good job of getting the word out that I'm looking! Hopefully it's just a matter of time.
6. The days are getting noticeably longer. It always lifts my spirits when I begin to notice that happening.
What are you grateful for right now?