Thursday, January 27, 2022

Update: weather and little friends

It's been another cold, cold day at the end of the coldest January this area's seen in a while. There's even some more snow in the forecast this weekend! They say we won't get quite as much as last weekend, but even a dusting is more than we've seen in the past four years. 

Little P. will be thrilled if it snows again. He showed up at school last Monday afternoon telling me about the fun he'd had playing in it on Saturday. He even built a snowman! I'm still waiting for his mom to show me pictures of it.

Two things (besides snow) are new with Little P. this week. 

1. He has a crush on a little girl in his class. He told me about it, in confidence (shhh!), and asked me how he could get the courage to talk to her and tell her he *likes* her. My advice to the young Romeo was to make friends with her just like he would with any other kid in his class. Today he reported that the little girl told him, "P----, you're really smart!" when he knew the answer to something--so it would seem things are going well in that department.

2. Every spring our school district has a "Vocal Star" talent contest with elementary, middle, and high school divisions. All students are welcome to try out. Little P. showed up Tuesday afternoon and told me he'd decided to audition for it! I was pretty surprised when he told me about it. At first he said he didn't know what he wanted to sing, but after an hour in his mom's office, he came back and told me he'd found a song! Hold on to your hats, friends, it's a good one! 


Hahahaha! I have NO IDEA how he picked this, or where he found it, but that's his choice and he's sticking to it. He's learning the lyrics and practicing, and when he comes by my desk and sails into the chorus of:

P: "I'm still standing......."
 
I've taken to jumping in with the:

J: "YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!..."

part.

 We do it several times in a row and laugh and laugh. That kid is a hoot! 




17 comments:

  1. hahaha you are so much fun!Little P made friends with the exact right person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fun song! I approve of that choice. We've got the cold weather but no more snow. Just fog. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This boy will go far; he'll let nothing hold him back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In 20 years or so, the world will know Little P. And we will remember how we first heard about him on your blog :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reckon you could write a book about Little P - he's going places in the future I think

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Little P allowed a backing singer at the audition? I know just the person to join him on stage and it's not his love crush girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a hilarious song to pick! I bet he liked that "yeah, yeah, yeah" part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Little P! He is famous already! At least here in Blogworld. Your advice to him about his crush was spot-on and it sounds to me as if the lucky girl on whom he has shone his attentions may feel the same.
    He is a rock star.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! You are so great at encouraging him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Little P is star material, for sure. I love the stories about him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I lost my job few months back and there was no way to get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn't get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management on the cryptocurrency Market, to be honest I never believe it but I took the risk to take a loan of $1000. and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earn $12,500 in 6 working days, the most joy is that I can now take care of my family I don't know how to appreciate your good work Mr. Bernie Doran God will continue to bless you for being a life saver I have no way to appreciate you than to tell people about your good services.
For a perfect investment and good strategies contact Mr Bernie Doran via WhatsApp :+1(424)285-0682 or Telegram : @Bernie_doran_fx or Email : Bernie.doranfx01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. เว็บเกมออนไลน์ครบวงจร ambbet.game ผู้เล่นสามารถเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์กับเว็บไซต์ของเราได้ง่ายๆ สล็อต เว็บหลัก เว็บตรงไม่ผ่านเอยเย่นต์ ศูนย์รวมเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ครบวงจรค่ายสล็อต 20 ค่ายชั้นนำ ขนเกมสล็อตมาให้ผู้เล่นได้เลือกอย่างคับคั่งมากกว่า 300 เกม สล็อตเเตกง่าย เเตกหนักที่สุด !! บริการด้วยระบบที่ทันสมัย สะดวกสบาย เปิดให้เล่นตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง โดยไม่จำกัดเวลาในการเล่น.

    ReplyDelete