Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Well, crap...

What a week! And I don't mean that in a good way!

First, I went online to make my car payment. I submitted it, then checked the next day to make sure it had gone through. It wasn't there. What was there was a big red notice that my payment was past due. So I panicked, and made a payment again, only to discover (as I hit "confirm") that there was a disclaimer that said "payments may take up to three days to show on your online statement". Of course it was the weekend, and I just had to wait and see if I had paid twice. And guess what? I had. When I called the customer service number yesterday to see what we could do about it, the nice guy on the phone was apologetic, but the only thing they can do about it is to issue me a paper check refund....which would take minimum 10 days to get here. It wouldn't help my bank account now. So I am holding my breath that we don't end up overdrawn because of this nonsense. On the bright side, we won't have a car payment in August...not that that's helping our poor bank account now.

Another reason I'm worried about overdrawing my account also has to do with my car. At the end of April we traded in a 2007 Toyota Corolla for a 2012 model. We got our tax bill at the end of May, and the property taxes were due at the end of June. I went up to the tax office and paid, and they said my 2013 decal would arrive in the mail; I just needed to have my receipt with me in case I got pulled over. So I waited. And waited. Eventually (this past weekend) I got a notice from the DMV that I had paid taxes on the wrong Corolla. Which meant leaving work early, going to the tax office to straighten out the mess, and discovering we owed another $200 above what we had already paid. After I (reluctantly) paid the difference, I had to go to the third circle of hell  DMV office and get my decal. What a hassle!

So now I've paid out over $500 unexpectedly this week, and I'm hoping our bank account stays afloat until we get paid on Friday. If it doesn't, then we're going to  get hit with service charges, which will really piss me off.  What a bunch of crap!

Mercury is retrograde...and although I don't put a whole lot of faith in astrology....this is just fitting! So I'm blaming Mercury!!!

2 comments:

  1. Bloody cars, bloody taxes, bloody bank accounts. Why can't we live without all these wretched things! Hope the numbers add up OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it!!! It looks like everything is going to be fine...but what a freakin hassle!!!!!

    ReplyDelete