Sunday, November 3, 2013

No-complaining November

I've made a tiny resolution for the month of November--I'm going to try to stop myself when I hear useless bitching/whining/complaining coming out of my mouth. It doesn't help anything, after all. For instance, I can sit here all day and stew over the many reasons I hate my job, but in the end I still have to get up and go there every day. I can bitch about certain family members that really, really need to get their act together, but they will still be acting like selfish, self centered jerks. Complaining only makes situations that are out of my control that much more stressful for me. I need to stop. I'm sure it's going to be a daily uphill battle. I'm going to try to focus on the bright spots instead of being negative all the time.

So for starters, instead of sitting here thinking about the 2 hour holiday work meeting I will be forced to attend tonight (after a regular 8 hour workday) I will spend my last little bit of time at home today knitting. And enjoying my pretty pansies blooming on the patio:


 
 

3 comments:

  1. The old adage of 'not saying anything unless it's positive or pleasant' is all well and good, but occasionally....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea - I might join you :)

    ReplyDelete