Sunday, September 27, 2015

Full Moon, Blood Moon, Harvest Moon

Well, tonight is the big harvest moon/lunar eclipse/super moon and we won't be seeing any of it. It's been pouring rain for days and days. Oh well, such is life.

To celebrate the spirit of tonight's moon, I'm cooking my first batch of chili this year, and I spent a cosy afternoon decorating for fall and Halloween. It's almost October, after all.


I love decorating the mantle over the fireplace. It may be hard to see, but there is a candle with the first line of The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe, and two big pumpkin shaped votive candleholders at either end.


This is our living room. The two jack o lanterns are turned around for the picture, but they're actually arranged so that they're grinning out of the front windows.

Happy Full Moon to you all, and I hope that everyone that wishes to see the eclipse has clear skies tonight!

7 comments:

  1. It was a perfect sky, here in Southern France, for moon/star gazing. I am always slightly underwhelmed by such events, but got-up anyway. The best bit was seeing all those millions of stars so clearly.

    Aren't you a bit early with your Halloween decorations? We don't 'decorate' as such; just frighten the bejeezus out of an organised gang of kids and adults who call by on the actual night (reluctantly, I should add).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband said he thought it was a bit early, too, when he got home from work. But it's almost October, and several things that I put out (but didn't take pictures of) are merely fall themed.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful picture.
    I went out at 5 o'clock in the morning and so the moon, it was not red as i have been promised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some pictures of the moon taken in Houston, Texas during the eclipse and the moon was a rusty red color.

      Delete
  3. I forgot, but it's cloudy anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here....nothing but rain and clouds for a week!

      Delete