Wednesday, May 16, 2018

The gift

A famously difficult and sharp tongued teacher at the school stunned me yesterday morning by leaving a gift of beautiful flowers on my desk. They were waiting for me when I got to work.


I thought at first that the rest of the office staff was having me on, I was so astonished, but they were  just as incredulous as me. Ms. S is a veteran teacher that rules her classes with an iron fist. Most of the kids are scared of her, and the staff tries to steer clear of her notoriously fiery temper. She's always been friendly to me, however. Everyone kept asking, "How did you ever manage to get on her good side?" And honestly, I have no idea!

Later in the morning, when I was finally convinced me that the tulips were indeed for me, I sent Ms. S an email thanking her and expressing my surprise. She emailed me back and said that I was always very kind, and she appreciated me, and when she saw the flowers she thought of me.

Can you believe that?

18 comments:

  1. I most certainly CAN believe that! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I can... You are a darling person.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing you, Yes indeedy, I can believe that. How nice she can see it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have cheered you up after yesterday's bad mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I can believe that Jennifer.

    Alphie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can believe that, too. It goes to show that (almost) everyone knows to appreciate someone else's kindness and friendliness.
    I wonder what Ms S.'s private life is like. She sounds a lonely soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can believe that too Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure that you deserve them! Perhaps this lady is a sad lonely person and that is why she is so cross all the time.....reaching out to you for friendship?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so great! Maybe, being new, you weren't fearful of her -- so she appreciated the kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely way to start the day. Kindness begets kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You must be really good at what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds to me like a lady who doesn't suffer fools lightly; she clearly appreciates what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I can believe it. Nice to take people by surprise, isn't it. I mean that coming from both directions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course I can believe that! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all for the sweet comments! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. The very best sort of gift, unexpected and from the heart. And well deserved. As said above, kindness begets kindness.

    ReplyDelete