No one particular topic springs to mind for a blog post today, so I'll just post some random junk and observations.
- It's been the longest school year EVER. I guess that's because last year didn't seem to end, it just stopped in March 2020 due to the lockdowns and became a weird, slow, kind-of-work-from-home situation. Then we went back in September with crazy strict Covid precautions, stress, an extra long winter break, and now we're finally almost at full capacity with students again. The majority of the students returning to face to face learning since spring break has led to the expected return to middle school craziness. Meanwhile, we're in the process of becoming a three grade school (sixth, seventh, and eighth instead of just seventh and eighth) and also becoming a STEM magnet school. In addition, we have to go an extra two weeks this year to make up for our late start. June 11th is the last day this year, and I swear it can't get here quickly enough!
- Speaking of work, an assistant who was hired this year to assist with part of my job responsibilities has turned out to be a real pain in my.....you get the idea. She's the most worthless employee I've had the misfortune to work with since the days of the bookstore. She's frequently absent, late, and is NEVER where she's supposed to be or doing what she's supposed to be doing. She's always hiding out in the library or cafeteria doing absolutely nothing and I keep having to take up her slack. Then to add insult to injury, she was horribly rude to me the other day, then proceeded to come stand in front of my desk and start screaming at me and attempting to get me to argue with her. The principal heard the commotion and came out and said, "ENOUGH!! THIS IS OVER!" but it didn't stop her from going all around the school running her mouth and talking sh*t about me. One of her complaints is that the principal "always sides" with me over her. Well, you damn straight he does! He knows she's worthless and trashy and I hope (and expect) that she won't be offered a contract next year. It's made work somewhat uncomfortable this week, but she's finally apparently decided that no one is siding with her so she's at least speaking to me again. I only speak to her when it's absolutely necessary and I'm polite, but very distant. Ugh.
- I need to see my doctor. Maybe it's stress, but my eczema is out of control again. My feet and ankles are an itchy, weepy, inflamed mess. It's really bad, and REALLY unsightly. My allergies have been worse, too, and it's triggered my latent asthma. I've taken to using an inhaler again at night, otherwise I wake up wheezing. Then yesterday a huge cold sore broke out all over my upper lip. It's all pretty miserable. At least we're still wearing masks so no one can see my lip!
- Lest you think everything is bad.....I saw my first tiny tomato in the garden yesterday! That was a happy moment. We also got some rain over the last two days after a record setting dry April. We certainly need it.
- Marco is sitting on my shoulder as I type this, being a sweetie. He's preening my hair and watching the computer screen as I type. George is a love bug these days, too. If only I could hang out with animals all day instead of people!