Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Follow up post

It's still not really sinking in that I'll be starting a new job soon. Right now I'm trying to pay extra attention to everything about my current school, because exactly three weeks from today I'll be leaving for the very last time. I'm ready for the change and the new adventure, but I'm sad to be leaving a place that has been so important to me these last six years. And I'll really miss some of the people. 

/8234]'jhn dv3ee        (gibberish from Marco as he tiptoed across my keyboard just now. So HELLO from Marco!)

I keep hearing wonderful things about my new school and my new principal, though! She seems to be adored by everyone who knows her, and the staff is supposed to be top notch, as is the school itself. It's a STEM certified magnet school and is considered one of the best in our district. I've been told over and over how much I'm going to love working there. I feel very, very lucky to have scored this position! My first day will be July 10th, so I'll still have the whole month of June off to relax and get ready. 

Thank you all for all the kind words and good wishes on my last post! Your support means a lot to me, and I consider you all true friends. :)

PS.........I'll be posting a garden update soon. There's been lots of progress!

28 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you! Enjoy your leisurely month of June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra! I plan to enjoy it because I won't be getting the whole month of June off again. :)

      Delete
  2. Also excited for you. Enjoy your June gardening 🙂. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get ahead gardening because you will be very busy come July 10th. New jobs are like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about that! Hopefully by July the garden will be in good order and will just need plenty of watering in the summer heat.

      Delete
  4. GREAT!!! Out of the fire- a well deserved change, fingers crossed that it will suit you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been looking for a change like this all year.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like the new job will be terrific. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm counting myself as VERY lucky to get this job. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. We told you , you'd get it!!!!!! Sound like it will be the perfect fit. I so happy, you'll be happy.
    💋💋💋💋💋💋

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell Marco hi, he is one smart bird to be helping you blog. How exciting your new job will be for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marco is currently hanging upside down from a perch playing with some plastic measuring spoons I gave him to keep him entertained!

      Delete
  8. It all sounds really good, and I am very happy for you, my friend.
    Will you have a much longer drive to get to and from work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, only about one extra mile to get there! From my door to the new school is a hair under 3 miles.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It does! I've been emailing back and forth with my new boss, and the other day she said, "I've been hearing so many great things about you. I can't wait for you to join us!" That made me feel so good. :)

      Delete
  10. It probably won't fully sink in until you're there and working. Enjoy the anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know that you've struggled and it's really worn on you. It's good to see such excitement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with the principal gone, my current school has become intolerable to me and a lot of others who work there. I can count on my two hands the number of teachers and staff planning to return next year...no more than a dozen at most. It's been absolutely hellish and I'm glad to be done with the place.

      Delete
  12. I haven't been on line in a while; I was glad to find your happy news.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoo-hooo! You are making your escape! Your new principal lucked out when you applied. As someone who has hired employees, you know what a gift YOU are going to be to them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't comment often but i read your blog and I just want to say, Hurray for you and I hope the new job is everything you could want.

    ReplyDelete