Saturday, December 15, 2012

Words fail me

Yesterday there was yet another mass shooting here in the USA. This time the gunman targeted small children in an elementary school. At the end of the day, seven adults and twenty children were dead.

Words fail me. I don't understand how or why this kind of thing keeps happening. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that twenty little kids are dead today after going to school yesterday morning. How can even the sickest of sick mentally ill people do such a thing? What is wrong with our culture that we keep producing these monsters? And how do we stop it?

This country has gone utterly mad. My heart is heavy for the victims of this latest tragedy, as well as their families. And for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. I've only just, this morning, heard how very young these children were. I sometimes think we're in our 'decline and fall' stage of western democracy, and this is a part. If we don't do something very quickly, it could all collapse.

    ReplyDelete