Sunday, December 2, 2018

Sunday at home

It's been a nice weekend. I've been busy unpacking, moving furniture, cleaning floors, and putting the new rugs down. We finally got our dryer working (the cord didn't fit the outlet and we were afraid to change it out, but I ended up paying an electrician who works for the school district to come out and do it for us) and we had loads of laundry to catch up on. It's a pleasure to have a laundry room inside the house instead of outside in the garage, much more convenient.

While I worked at laundry yesterday, this was delivered:


A housewarming present from my blogging friend Terra in California! Isn't it lovely? Thank you, my friend. It looks great on the bar between the kitchen and den.


Today while I worked on unpacking the boxes cluttering up the hallway, I decided to put up the Christmas tree. The big box it's stored in was in the way, and since tonight is the first night of Advent I figured, why not?


Something about seeing a lit Christmas tree in my very own home made my heart swell. I can't wait for Gregg to get home from work and  see it. They're only about a half dozen ornaments on it so far (the rest are still packed away) but the tree still looks beautiful right now as night is falling.



I hope you all have had an equally nice, peaceful Sunday! 

35 comments:

  1. What a precious, amazing time in your life!
    I am so happy for you. And yes, your tree is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The treee, the flowers, just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is looking so cosy and happy.

    cheers, parsnip and badger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. opps ! forgot how wonderful to have some fresh flowers from Terra !

      Delete
    2. That was so sweet and thoughtful of her!

      Delete
  4. And the tree is the PERFECT size. Fate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! Your happiness is radiating from your blog, Jenniefer! I love it that you put up the Christmas tree now, and did not finish all the other jobs before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the typo in your name - I was typing on my ipad and find I make frequent mistakes there, as I am so used to typing "blind" (and very fast) on proper keyboards.

      Delete
    2. I'm typing on my phone and I make mistakes all the time on it! No worries!

      Delete
  6. The tree is beautiful. Nice to see a little bit of your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll show more of it as soon as we're unpacked completely.

      Delete
  7. Just these little bits of "home" look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A swollen heart is a very dangerous condition! Lovely flowers from Terra - what a thoughtful thing to do. People can be so kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so thoughtful of her, and I was so surprised!

      Delete
  9. Your happiness radiates throughout this post. It is all so lovely, your home, the tree, and those beautiful flowers from a kind friend. Your husband must have been so pleased when he came home and saw the Christmas tree lit. A wonderful new chapter has begun in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've spent some time adding ornaments to the tree tonight. We have to unpack the boxes of holiday stuff anyway!

      Delete
  10. Things seem to be falling into place nicely. Love the tree - I hope you post again when you have all the ornaments on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure and add another photo or two when the tree is done. Thank you Colette!

      Delete
  11. This is all so wonderful. Beautiful. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures from your home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your house looks great, and the tree is beautiful! I found your blog when you commented on mine. I have read a few of your entries...are you a teacher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael! Welcome! I work in the front office of a middle school. I like it a lot...the benefits are good and the paid time off can't be beat!

      Delete
    2. I teach in a middle school in Virginia. Never a dull moment when you work with students at this age!

      Delete
  14. Beautiful tree Jennifer. Did you get the aquariums set up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did indeed, Doc! The planted tank looks kind of sad right now, though, since it's newly planted. It will improve quickly, though.

      Delete
  15. Your tree is so pretty and that first day of Advent was a good day to put it up. Every year when I see our tree with just the lights on, I think it really doesn't need any ornaments. But of course I put on the ornaments. People are saying such nice things about me and the flowers I might get a big head, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Indeed what a thoughtful gift and the photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete