Wednesday, June 22, 2022

So excited!

There are some exciting developments happening at my job!

First of all, we have a new principal! The school board and a panel of parents, community members, and teachers interviewed a whole bunch of candidates at the end of May and narrowed the choice down to two individuals. Then the two final candidates gave presentations to our staff, and we got a chance to ask questions and give the district office some feedback on them. Well, the woman I would have chosen got the job! And just by chance, this past Monday I was at the school (with Gregg, because it was his day to service the aquariums and I go along to keep him company in the summer) and I was the first person to individually meet her when she showed up for her first day. No one knew until later that afternoon that she was the chosen candidate. Gregg and I both got to chat with her for a little while, and we agreed that she seems like a breath of fresh air for our school. I like her already and I'm actually looking forward to what I think is going to be a much, much better year. How nice is that?

But there's more! Remember the school secretary, one of the horrible women who made me so miserable last year? I got the news a couple of weeks ago that she accepted a new job elsewhere and is leaving at the end of this month. That's going to be a really, really good thing for our school, and for me personally, obviously. Well, today I went up to the school again to feed the fish and to add chemicals to the planted aquarium in the library. There's no one working through the summer that will do it for us, and I live just down the road so it isn't much trouble. I stopped in to say a quick hi to the new principal (she's hit the ground running and is working hard already to prepare for next year) and she asked me if I might be interested in the secretary's position! Am I?!!

 That position would mean a promotion for me, a private office, more responsibility, and of course a nice increase in salary. I would become a year round employee, so no more whole summers off, but I'd get two weeks of vacation time each year to use whenever I want along with all the regular time off for holidays that everyone gets. 

Of course I told her that yes, I'm definitely interested! She told me to reach out next week and we could set up a time to sit down and discuss it. Of course this is all preliminary and it may not work out, but I'm so excited about the possibility! The extra money would be very, very welcome and would help my family a lot. 

Please wish me luck! 

39 comments:

  1. OH WOW!!! Fingers crossed, hope hope hope! Karma , baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, congratulations on all your great news!!! Secondly, I was amazed ( as in jaw droppingly) at how your principal is chosen!! Here, teachers have zero input. The school board decides where principals go and how long they stay in one school. I really hope your job offers works out for you! - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This method of choosing a principal isn't the standard, Jenn. This was a first for our district, and I'm not sure if it will be the standard going forward with other schools. Things had gotten so bad at our school that I wonder if they didn't make the extra effort to make the process seem extra fair and above-board. We lost over half our staff, admins and counselors and teachers alike, last year. I think they wanted staff and community investment in the choice for our new leader. Seems like a good thing to me!

      Delete
  4. That's great news! Good luck with the job offer, and I hope it works out well for you. So glad that toxic woman is gone. Don't let the door hit you (where the sun don't shine) on the way out honey! ! Keep us posted!
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't the only person who thought this woman was rude and petty. There will be a handful of teachers that will be so glad to see me in her spot (if I get the job) because she was never very helpful or kind to them. I'm so glad she's gone!

      Delete
  5. I 've stumbled on your blog and so glad I have, it is lovely. I read right back and your garden is wonderful, you've grown so much. I read about Poppy joining you and about you and your job. Well done on getting the new post, I hope it all goes well for you, I shall be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment. I'm now following you, too! Welcome!

      Delete
  6. That is all so very exciting! You certainly needed positive news after the school year you had. Best of luck on the position!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very, very pleased with how things are turning out. Of course, I hope nothing happens to burst my bubble! :)

      Delete
  7. Good Luck! Good Luck! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so nice when good things happen to good people! I hope you get the new job if you want it but even your old job would be better with the wicked witch gone! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Even if I keep the job I currently have, not having to deal with one half of the toxic duo anymore will make life much nicer.

      Delete
  9. Holy moly! Good luck! I sure hope you get the secretary's position! It would be sweet, sweet karma.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the luck in the world! That is what I am wishing you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fingers firmly crossed for you Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! Your excitement at all these great news shines through, and is quite infectious! If I was there right now, I'd hug you big time and we'd swirl around a bit, clinking glasses of well chilled bubbly stuff :-D
    Best of all is that you are so much better health-wise, so that you can enjoy the good things life is giving you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish we could swirl around and clink glasses of bubbly together! Maybe one day! :)

      Delete
  13. So, so excited for you. What a nice way to head into summer. I’ll be keeping all good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful news all round, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely lot of good news. Best of luck with getting the job

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's good news. Good luck with the job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by,Tom! And for the good wishes, of course.

      Delete
  17. Of course I wish you good luck Jennifer. Maybe there is a God after all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jennifer -- that's great news! How exciting! Just when you were reaching peak frustration it sounds like things are coming together for you. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's wonderful news. I'll be crossing my fingers for you. I think you are the perfect candidate for the job- hard working and caring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jennifer! That is such great news! I hope it works out for you. I am routing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so happy for you, Jennifer! I can't wait to see where this leads!

    ReplyDelete